Duff Norton anti backlash actuators reduce linear backlash resulting in smooth, precise operation with minimal wear.
Backlash occurs when the motor driving an actuator reverses its load direction or alternatively, a load imposed on the lifting screw changes direction, load changing from compression to tension. The gap between the lifting screw and the worm gear threads causes detrimental screw movement to occur.
When the anti backlash screw jack is under load, the lifting screw threads are supported by the worm gear threads. Pinned to the worm gear and adjusted downwards by the shell cap, the anti-backlash nut forces the bottom thread surfaces against the upper thread surfaces of the lifting screw, reducing the backlash between the lifting screw and worm gear threads to a minimum.
Key features of Duff Norton anti backlash actuators:
- Anti-backlash screw jack design features a separate anti-backlash nut and reduces actuator backlash to less than 0.025mm
- Anti-backlash nuts act as additional load safety devices when the worm gear wears out
- Anti-backlash nuts reduce worm gear wear
- Precise motion control
- Available in stainless steel
- Capacities: 25kN to 200kN
- Travel: Up to 6000mm