PSG Australia is a Quality Endorsed Company providing security, investigative and training services throughout Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
The company is the preferred supplier to Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Tiffany & Co, Christian Dior, Fendi, and Moet & Chandon. The company is also a Registered Training Organisation - No. 21750.
Security guards are defined in Section 3 of the Victorian Private Security Act 2004 as:
A person who is employed or retained to protect, watch or guard any property by any means including -
1. by patrolling the property in person; or
2. by monitoring the property by operating a security system that utilises closed circuit television, a closed monitoring system, radio or other similar alarm device.
A Security guard must apply for a Private Security Individual Operator licence under the Act.
The work undertaken by security guards varies significantly. To address this issue the security guard activity has been divided into 5 sub-activities, each requiring specialised training qualifications.
A person may be licensed to undertake multiple sub-activities dependant on their training. A condition will be placed on the licence confirming that the licence holder may only perform the duties specified by their sub-activities.
There are five licensing sub-activities a security guard applicant must choose from:
1. Unarmed guard
2. Armed guard
3. Cash in transit
4. Control room operator
5. Monitoring centre operator
* Security guard applicants must complete the appropriate training for the type of work they wish to undertake (ie: unarmed guard, armed guard, cash in transit, control room operator or monitoring centre operator)
* Persons can apply for multiple sub-activities under one licence, providing all training competencies are met
* Probity requirements (criminal history check) must be fulfilled
PSG Australia also offers training in the following nationally recognised qualifications:
* Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management
* Certificate IV in Business (Frontline Management) & (Small Business Management)
* Certificate III in Security Operations
* Certificate II in Security Operations
* Maritime Security