Plastic card printers from are today used for printing cards for use in agencies, schools, businesses and organisations. Before buying any plastic card printer, there are a few points to consider. The first thing to consider is if the printer will be used for heavy duty or light duty printing jobs. Generally, heavy duty plastic card printers need to have more features than those used for light duty jobs as they need more colors, security and perfection in the manufacture of cards.
Other points worth considering before purchasing a plastic card printer are checking if the plastic card printers offer features such as color options, single or double sided printing, security code options and other similar features. Single sided printing is sufficient for use in a school or agency as it offers minimal features and is sufficient for students to swipe their IDs at cafeterias, during entertainment events and perhaps even at entrances of secured areas.
Features and benefits of plastic card printers:
- Double sided badges created by plastic card printers come with extra security features and are best suited as smart cards, magnetic striping and proximity badges and holograms
- Holographic cards offer a very advanced form of security as they are processed by overlaying holographic materials on the picture, through the laminate
- Plastic card printers that product smart and proximity badges react to radio waves, without the user needing to swipe the badge. Magnetic striping is used in cards for schools and other places with moderate security levels where stolen identities are not that dangerous
- Plastic card printers offering full color options, as opposed to monochromatic printers
- Plastic card printers come with everything the user needs to start making badges immediately like ink cartridges, software and blank cards
- Plastic card printers provide security to the cards they produce
- Plastic card printers also have their own security features
- Plastic card printers have a lock feature wherein the user can access the printer only by using its designated code