POSMarket.com.au outlines the importance of researching before purchasing a receipt printer for any business application. Points to consider when chosing a receipt printer include it's applications, requirements and what kind of receipts that are going to be printed in a business environment.
There are three differing type of receipt printers:
- Inkjet receipt printers: Inkjet receipt printers use inks and produce better quality printing compared to impact printers.These printers are mainly used in creative organizations such as advertising, where the user can print colorful graphic images and texts for advertisements on promotional receipts.
- Thermal printers: These printers are undeniably the most popular choice of receipt printers in most business environments. Thermal printers are user-friendly, efficient and economical. They are the fastest receipt printers available today which makes it perfect for high turnover environments such as supermarkets. They do not use inks and ribbons for printing which cuts down on inventory costs for the business. The printer works on thermal technology where the paper used in the printer is chemically treated which is sensitive to heat. The printer heats the paper via the printer head which is capable of creating texts and graphics.
- Impact printers: Impact printers are very similar to typewriters. They use the ribbons to create texts on the paper. The impact mechanism stamps the characters to the paper via the ribbon. Some impact printers use ink embedded microcapsules which bursts upon impact thereby creating the character to print on paper. These types of receipt printers do not require ribbons. These printers are quite noisy and slower than thermal printers. These where very popular in office environments but now they are slowly being replaced by thermal printers as they are much faster. But impact printers are still being used in banking and gaming industry. It has a dominant presence in restaurant kitchens as the thermal printers do work well there because of excess heat.
- This receipt printer is an ideal perfect solution for high turnover business environments
- The TMT88IV model receipt printer produces receipts quickly and quietly
- Uses the drop in paper loading method, the tear bar or the auto cutter for printing receipts
- This receipt printer prints both text and graphics with two colors at 8” per second
- The TMT88IV model receipt printer features various interfaces including the wireless option which is very popular in hospitality business environments