Motorola Solutions introduces two new rugged handheld computers for use in healthcare, manufacturing and retail environments.
The two handhelds are available in dark charcoal (MC55A0) and white and blue (MC55A0-HC) for healthcare use. The healthcare models feature barcode scanners to scan bar codes from patient ID bands and drug labels.
Director of product marketing for Motorola, Sheldon Safir explains that the new mobile computers are highly upgraded versions of the MC55 series from 2009.
Key features of Motorola’s new handheld computers:
- Runs Windows 6.5
- 1 GB of flash memory, plus 32GB of expansion room
- Rugged design; can be dropped from 6 feet as opposed to 4 feet on the older model
- Highly moisture- and dust-resistant
- Screen uses colour VGA for better viewing
- Auto-focus 3.2 megapixel camera on the healthcare model for barcode scanning
- Measures 5.78 x 3.03 x 1.06 inches and weighs 1.1 pounds