Datalogic's Magellan 8500Xt is a line of high performance in-counter scanners and scanners/scales that increases product scanning accuracy and productivity to improve the check-out process in the retail industry.
Suitable for small as well as large retailer businesses, Magellan 8500Xt check-out scanners increase customer satisfaction with reduced wait times.
Additionally, the scanner/scales reduce shrinkage at check-out with high accuracy weight measurement capabilities.
Key features of Magellan 8500Xt scanners and scanner/scales:
- 64 scan lines and read rate of 6400 lines per second on both the X and Y axis with dual scan surfaces
- Scanner/scale model reduces shrinkage at check-out by pinpoint accuracy in weight measurement aided by the optional produce rail
- Only calibration is required to ensure maximised performance and superior ROI
- AllWeights scale platter and certified weighing system grant quick scale reset times of less than 500 milliseconds, providing maximum throughput
- Eliminates check-out drag time, which improves cost-efficiency and customer satisfaction for retailers
- Optional Checkpoint and Sensormatic integrated EAS antennas ensure proper data capture before disabling the EAS tag, further reducing shrinkage possibilities
The short-topped Magellan 8500Xt scanner with no EAS presents universal I/F configuration with Sapphire Glass and USB connectivity and a US/CAN scale.
The long-topped Magellan 8500Xt scanner/scale model with Checkpoint EAS presents either a standard English single interval scale configuration with Sapphire Glass, or the standard metric single interval scale configuration with DLC Glass. Connectivity is provided via the RS-232 single cable, and also with a US/CAN scale.
Symbologies and Software
The Magellan 8500Xt scanners and scanner/scales decode 1D/linear labels including GS1 DataBar linear codes, as well as stacked codes including GS1 DataBar Extended Stack, Stacked, and Stacked Omnidirectional codes for optimised versatility in data comprehension and transmittal.
The scanners and scanner/scales allow interface connectivity with auxiliary port configuration, RS-232, USB multi-interface, and IBM 46XX options, extending compatibility with retail operations and minimising additional equipment purchase to improve ROI for retailers.
Datalogic's Magellan 8500Xt scanners and scanner-scales help the retail industry achieve increased customer satisfaction, greater shrink management, and improved check-out throughput with maximised profit margins.
POSMarket.com.au is a leading Australian seller of a wide range of POS solutions including point of sale equipment and software.