Datalogic introduces a new line of POS scanners incorporating UV anti-counterfeit protection.
The new Gryphon GM4100 I Base Station POS scanners are designed as an integrated package that not only scans items but also provides the user with a quick, convenient method for authenticating any sort of document such as currency, passports or traveller's checks utilising UV anti-counterfeiting measures.
Advanced technology is an integral part of point-of-sale operations but retailers face a number of challenges ranging from ease of use to IT integration.
More often than not, POS equipment is largely intended to function as a computer resource to aid back office operation rather than an integral part of consumer operations. Loss prevention is one area that bridges both areas in the retail world.
The new Gryphon GM4100 I Base Station POS scanners enable users to not only acquire data via the scanner, but also prevent loss and liability with UV document authentication.
Key features of the Gryphon GM4100 I Base Station POS scanners
- POS data acquisition and loss prevention tool
- Scans items and authenticates documents
- Ease of use maximises productivity
- Ultraviolet LEDs check documents for authenticity
- LEDs remain switched on for a predetermined amount of time set by the user
- BC4010 base, which seamlessly allows retrofit of existing installations is offered for current owners of GM4100 units that do not have UV capability
- Eliminates the need for retailers to buy add-on or completely separate systems to access POS and anti-counterfeit operations
Datalogic’s new Gryphon GM4100 I Base Station POS scanners are available from POSMarket.com.au .