PIES Australia presents a new fully electronic range of universal belt measuring devices designed to measure the static tension of all belt types.
Pre-tension is one of the few parameters required to be set by the user of timing belt drives. Pre-tension is intended to guarantee a minimum tensioning force at the slack span side of the timing belt to ensure smooth tooth meshing into the driven pulley, considerably influencing the operating behaviour and the longevity of the entire drive.
The new BRECO TSM Alpha 1 universal digital belt tension meters now available from PIES Australia measures the static tension of all belt types including all types of tension members (steel, Kevlar or glasfibre) to ensure that correct pre-tension is set.
Key features of BRECO TSM Alpha 1 universal digital belt tension meters:
- Comes with an external sensor head connected to the unit through a USB interface for measuring in hard-to-access areas
- Contactless measurement with one-sided belt touch
- Reliable accurate measuring results that are highly reproducible
- Measuring range is 5 to 500 Hz with a maximum tolerance of ± 1 Hz (more than 100 Hz: ± 2 Hz)
- Readings are displayed on a 3-digit LCD display and requires 2 AAA batteries (supplied)
- LCD indicates battery status and provides alerts when the battery needs changing
- Weighs 160g and measures 120mm x 65mm x 30mm to fit easily into any tool box