The MzHG Series are IP65 protected industrial encoders designed for normal industrial environments. The output data is a true parallel code which is suitable for reading direct into a panel meter or standard PLC input card.
All output signals are short circuit protected and the input control wire is protected against open circuit or connection to the positive supply. Potential users should refer to PCA’s ‘Coupling’ data sheet for their range of zero backlash shaft couplings, which have to be used to drive these industrial encoders.
In order to customise the encoders to suit different applications, three control inputs are provided:
- Count Direction: When at logic 0 the output will count UP with clock wise (CW) rotation, when connected to + supply the output will count UP with counter clockwise rotation (CCW) of the shaft.
- Preset: This eliminates the need to co-ordinate the mechanical and electrical zero positions. Connect to the + supply for greater that 100ms to reset the output bits to all read zero.
- Latch: Connect to the + supply to hold the output data from changing, updates immediately the signal returns to logic 0.
- RPM = 6000 maximum
- Weight = 200 grams
- Temperature range = -20º C up to + 70º C
- Torque = 7 Ncm
- Loading = Axial 40N, Radial 110N
The MzHG Series are IP65 protected industrial encoders are available from PCA - Plant Control and Automation .