Available from PCA - Plant Control and Automation , LTS high precision magnetic linear encoders operate on an incremental principle and consist of a sensing head and a magnetically encoded tape.
The magnetic tapes on these high precision magnetic linear encoders are made from strontium ferrite bonded into a plastic or rubber matrix which is then bonded onto a steel support. The sensing head glides over this tape, which is magnetised with alternating polarity, with a gap of up to 2.5mm.
The magnetic tape system is mounted on the actuating rod and is coupled free of backlash, thus guaranteeing high accuracy and a long life.
Key features of LTS high precision magnetic linear encoders include:
- stroke up to 750 mm
- encoder signal outputs
- A, B signals
- non-contacting incremental system
- resolution 0,005mm, 0,010 mm, 0,025mm or 0,080mm
- protection Class IP65
- high operating speed of 5m/s
- maximum angular movement up to ± 30
- mechanical fixing and self-aligning linkage using two ball-joints.
LTS high precision magnetic linear encoders are mainly used in:
- press brake machines
- horizontal band saw machines
- transfer machines
- hydraulic machines
- sheet metal working machines
- bending presses
- plastic and metal injection machines
- textile machines
- robotics/materials handling
- profile cutting machines
- CNC pipe twisting machines
- plastic extrusion machines.