AUSTRALIAN technology company TR Corporation has entered into an agreement to purchase the business interests of MineCom Australia .
Synonymous with innovative underground electronics and communications solutions, MineCom grew from humble beginnings in a Tasmanian garden shed 19 years ago.
From initially supplying a single Tasmanian mine the company has grown to become a leading manufacturer and distributor, supplying a range of highly specialised products for large mining companies throughout the world.
TR Corporation is an Australian company with divisions and subsidiaries throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
The company commenced 30 years ago as specialist rental company TechRentals before it began an aggressive expansion plan in 2005, strategically acquiring several well-regarded niche technology companies in Australia and New Zealand to form the TR Corporation - a super technology solutions company.
The group's capability now encompasses; Test & Measurement, Business Equipment, Audio Visual, Radio communications, Satellite, plus Wireless broadband and networking.
TR Corporation comprises several distinct brands:
* TechRentals - the largest electronic test and measurement equipment hire company in Australasia.
* TR Telecom - Wireless networking, Data Telecommunications, Satellite Telephony and Cellular Mobility solutions.
* Bearcom - Australia's largest Motorola radio solutions dealer • TR Vidcom - Audio Visual Integration specialists
* TR Services - service support, calibration and other onsite services. And now joined by:
* MineCom - The most respected name in Mine and Tunnel Communications worldwide and a major supplier of Tait two-way radio equipment.
MineCom will retain its own name, and all existing MineCom management and staff will transfer to the new entity. The company will continue to operate from its Devonport factory, manufacturing and shipping its mining products world wide.
Some of the immediate benefits are:
* MineCom now has a branch in every state of Australia, with access to local sales and support, backed by the experienced MineCom staff in Devonport.
* Increased R & D funding will allow MineCom to develop new specialised products for the mining sector.
* Increased resources will assist them in providing more sales and project support.