PAKSMART provides PF400 offline labelling system that can be used for a wide range of applications.
Application to automate an existing process where operators manually printed and applied EAN13 barcode and product information labels to empty product cartons.
Reliability was required to ensure productions rates of 30-40 Cartons per minute were met. (up to 60 cartons/min achieved).
Ease of use was necessary to ensure easy interaction with the operator for stacking / labelling / and repacking of the various shaped shelf ready cartons A magazine that would hold approximately 30 cartons was required for the application.
Good print quality and consistent label placement were also required to ensure 100% scan rate Empty Shelf Pack cartons.
To accommodate the high production speeds required, a modified Paksmart PF400 feeder and Avery ALX720 label Printer applicator were selected for this application. The Operator sets up the feeder for one of the many styles of cartons required and the label format is downloaded to the labeler from a local PC.
Cartons are dispensed individually onto twin vacuum belts and the labels are printed and applied to the cartons. There are several label styles including Square and oval shaped labels with product and Use by information.
If a barcode label is required, a verify scanner may be switched on to verify label placement and readability of the EAN13 barcode. As the cartons are used in several locations in the plant it was necessary to dispense and restack the empty cartons into set quantities for restacking into shipper cartons.
A single conveyor with selectable batch size quantities was included into the PLC program. The ‘wipe on’ label apply technology ensures the empty cartons are not damaged during the labelling process.
PAKSMART PF400 high speed friction feeder with vacuum conveyor.
- Designed and manufactured in Australia by a 100% Australian owned company.
- High speeds - Up to 150 lineal metres per minute available.
- Long life- rugged corrosion resistant construction consisting of anodised aluminium, nickel-plated steel and stainless steel.
- Fast, reliable and low cost spares - all proprietary brand items sourced locally.
- PAKSMART systems use Servo Motor Drives for performance and reliability second to none. This servo technology ensures smooth acceleration and deceleration, and accurate stopping for shock free long life
- Remote panel start with rapid stop function (reset from main control panel).
- Delivery belt system with top and bottom drive ensures good product control-horizontal 250mm top belt hold product stable. Extended bottom belts give clear open printing/labelling area for all size products.
- Central vacuum belt on labelling/printing conveyor for product stability. Vacuum generated by side channel blower enclosed within sound controlled stand.
- Separate drive for labelling/printing conveyor interfaced to the normal feeder drive. This will give the ability to batch count with accuracy and stop feed without interrupting labelling/printing.
- PF400 stand with 2m shingling conveyor to collate cards after printing. Overall system length is 3m. Stand is on castors with levelling feet
- Easily adjusted magazine with close fitting walls and back support steady the product for good side-to-side registration. - Magazine height - 350mm. Other sizes are available.
- Electrics protected against dust and light water spray- IP54, 240-volt single phase 10 Amp
- Operator friendly controls - one touch quick load feature.