Palion paperboard pallets, available from PACKSPEC , are becoming a global shipping phenomenon as exporters around the world seek low cost, high strength and hygienic palletising alternatives to wood. Increasingly, most developed countries are now requiring that all imported containers that contain wood pallets is either fumigated before dispatch or at entry, or that alternative pallet materials are used.
The process of fumigation may have the potential to contaminate the cargo. In addition, compliance is also cumbersome in terms of administration, paperwork and attention to detail required ensuring that all regulations are met.
Palion paperboard pallets are a breakthrough in modern cardboard construction technology and are recyclable. Combining strong corner protectors with a patented honeycombing system, Palion paperboard pallets are capable of bearing 2000kg weight. These pallets have been tested under simulated conditions of 50°C temperature, 90% humidity and load bearing weight of 2000kgs. The resulting pallet height variation of less than 1mm showed they did not compress or collapse under these extreme conditions.
Following are the features and benefits of Palion paperboard pallets:
- Lightweight construction, an ISO export pallet (1100mm x 1100mm x 130mm) weighs only 6.5kg as opposed to 17+kg for a wooden equivalent
- Good strength capabilities of 2000kg static weight capacity
- Recyclable, not only made from recycled paper, but recyclable after use
- Eco friendly, easy to dispose of, and environmentally friendly
- Customisation, pallet sizing can be manufactured to exact requirements
- No fumigation required, a cost and time saving feature
- Hygienic, paperboard pallets comply with HACCP regulations and are ISO14000 compliant
One way non-returnable Palion paperboard pallets are suitable for containerised exporting or any other application where pallets cannot be recovered. The lightweight Palion paperboard pallets reduce airfreight costs which are calculated on weight. In any transport mode there are good cost savings. For fresh produce Palion paperboard pallets being hygienic reduce contamination risks and in the developing. Shelf-ready merchandising will be readily acceptable than a wooden pallet.