PACIA is the pre-eminent national body representing the plastics and chemicals industry, the third largest manufacturing sector in Australia.
PACIA members include:
- importers and distributors
- raw material suppliers and chemical manufacturers
- plastics fabricators and compounders
- plastics and chemicals recyclers; and
- service providers to the sector.
The association states that its aim is to foster a vibrant and sustainable plastics and chemicals industry in Australia that is valued by all levels of society.
As such, PACIA wants to be recognised by all stakeholders as being:
- respected as a leader in the development of sustainable strategies, practices and products for the industry and its member companies
- committed to the reduction of risk to employees, the community and the environment
- responsible, open and transparent in assessing the impact of the industry's policies and practices on the community
- considerate of the positions of all stakeholders
- trusted as an intermediary in its relationships with government and other stakeholders; and
- fair and consistent in its use of reasoned debate based on scientific analysis and a depth of industry knowledge.
This recognition, PACIA states, will assist it in growing and developing the Australian chemicals and plastics sector to improve profitability while ensuring that the industry contributes in a positive way to social and environmental sustainability.