Queensland cleaning product manufacturer OzKleen Asia Pacific is the official sponsor of Queensland 2007 Firefighters Calendar, proceeds for which go towards the Burns Unit at Brisbane’s Royal Children’s Hospital.
According to OzKleen, it had initiated sponsorship of the Calendar because of the values it represented.
There’s something heroically Australian about our firefighters. They are great role models for children and have a unique ability to command respect. We are heading into our hottest months again, so it is important that we once again heed the fire safety message.
According to Queensland Fire and Rescue, an unattended stove or fire was a large known cause for household fires in Queensland.
Because of a growing concern that greasy barbeques and kitchens create a fire hazard, OzKleen decided to feature on the Calendar its purpose-designed product, Grease Monkey, which removes grease and grime on range hood filters, cook tops, microwaves and barbeques.
According to the producer of Queensland Firefighters Calendar, greasy barbeques and range hoods were a risk factor or household fires.
Over time, range hoods and barbeques collect food and oil particles, giving them a black, sooty appearance. The oil content of this grime is high, making the area flammable.
While OzKleen does not recommend replacing it with commonsense, because of its ability to dissolve cooking fats and oils, Grease Monkey could prevent fires from occurring.
Based on the same citrus extracts used in OzKleen’s flagship product Shower Power, Grease Monkey is also free from ammonia, caustic soda and bleach, which makes it safe to use on surfaces where food is prepared. Grease Monkey is also safe for use in households with septic systems.