Oz Seals has released a new polymer material that exhibits superior flexural strength and modulus of elasticity to offer greater load bearing capabilities than thermoplastic materials currently in the market.
According to Mr Wil Prinz, Manager of Oz Seals Pty Ltd, the new polymer material uses a unique reinforcing filler, unlike conventional polymers that are unfilled.
The new polymer, Oz Monyt uses specially developed glass fibres, which remain dispersed in the material leading to a load bearing capability that is three times greater than conventional polymers.
Not only will Oz Monyt bushes last longer, but the life of the mating pins and shafts are also greatly extended.
Key features of Oz Monyt polymer:
- Developed for use in low friction, long life bearing applications
- Contains three lubricants including molybdenum, making it ideal for high friction applications
- Exhibits high lubricity throughout its long service life
- Provides load bearing capabilities greater than white metal
- Offers self-lubricating characteristics better than those of ordinary materials
- Ideal for applications where high loads must be carried with small clearances and in dirty environments with little lubrication
- Also works well in moist and corrosive environments
- Exhibits superior dimensional stability with minimal swelling (0.8%) in water
- Easily machined to extremely fine tolerances for use in metal working equipment
- Exhibits very low creep rates under design loadings of 30 Mpa
- Much higher load capacity than nylon
- Thermal expansion is less than three times that of bronze