Ovivo Water , formerly AJM/Eimco Water Technologies has launched SAF wastewater treatment systems to cater to the packaged sewage treatment market in Australia.
The Copa SAF (submerged aerated filter) wastewater treatment system, adopted by every major UK water company is a well-proven product that has been modified by Ovivo to suit Australian requirements.
SAF systems are aerobic, fixed film wastewater treatment systems with permanently submerged media, usually aerated from below. Sludge is also removed from below.
SAF wastewater treatment systems can achieve 15 mg/l BOD, 25 mg/l SS and 4 mg/l ammonia.
Applications of the Copa SAF wastewater treatment systems include:
- Septic tanks or primary tanks
- Replaces or assists secondary treatment as an emergency installation, provides temporary treatment during maintenance or provides extra treatment capacity
- Ammonia removal with a tertiary SAF unit
- Industrial effluent treatment involving continuous treatment or one-off batch treatment of landfill leachate, abattoir effluent or food industry effluent
- Mining/ construction camp sites and resorts
John Koumoukelis, Sales & Marketing Director for Ovivo says that key advantages of Copa SAF aerobic wastewater treatment systems include quick installation and user-friendly operation.
Additionally, the SAF systems also offer robust performance with a service life of over 20 years.
He adds that Copa SAF’s small footprint is suitable for space-constrained users and the system can be installed either above or below ground.
Ovivo’s expertise is backed by 17 years of SAF installation experience and the company has supplied wastewater treatment systems to all leading UK water companies including South West Water, Wessex Water, Severn Trent Water and North of Scotland Water Authority.
Ovivo has also installed SAF systems in many other countries besides the UK. More than 300 Copa SAF tanks have been manufactured to date with 60 of these for non-UK markets.
Key features of Copa SAF wastewater treatment systems
- Stainless steel tank with a polyurethane coating
- System’s media is structured plastic of 150m²/m³ or 200m²/m³
- Fine-bubble membrane diffusers are used on removable stainless steel pipework
- Above ground SAF features a gravity sludge return and is relocatable
- Below ground SAF has a low profile and no desludging or inlet pumping is required
- Walk-in GRP kiosk with ventilation louvres and optional built-in floor
- Optional extras include mild steel tanks, form 4 control panels, acoustic enclosures, walkways and access ladders
SAF units can also be hired for emergency responses, planned maintenance or trial plants.