Orbit Communications has released ProxAlert wireless collision avoidance/detection system.
The ProxAlert system can be used to help prevent collisions between vehicles, buildings, plant or personnel.
Systems can be single zone; alarm is activated when any 2 units come within a pre-set detection zone of each other or multiple zones pre-warning and imminent danger zone for example.
In addition to the main function of detecting and warning of close proximity between objects, the system can be used to send data between vehicles and main office such as vehicle management information back to main office, paging messages from main office to drivers etc.
Standard ProxAlert devices have an internal real time clock and non-volatile memory for logging of incidents and data logging.
Also included are RS485 and RS232 serial port to enable connection to other devices such as the optional remote monitor/control panel.
Features of the ProxAlert system:
- No license fee required for Australia, free to air
- Detection ranges from 1m to over 20m
- Rugged IP rated metal enclosure for vehicles and buildings
- Multiple programmable modes of operation make the system highly flexible
- Fully expandable to accommodate engine management, reporting and paging functions
- Applications for forklifts, mining vehicles, warehouses, personnel and
- Non-volatile time-stamped log provides an audit trail in case of investigation into an incident