Orbit Communications introduces the 4th generation version of BodyGuard vehicle and personnel proximity warning systems.
The BodyGuard vehicle and personnel proximity warning system is designed to enhance workplace safety by reducing risk of collision through industrial-quality proximity detection. Featuring a durable construction, the proximity warning system offers ongoing reliable performance for almost any environment.
BodyGuard vehicle and personnel proximity warning system does not distract the driver or require any ongoing maintenance and cleaning. The system provides reliable proximity detection in typical industrial environments where smoke, dust and water can be commonplace.
The proximity detection system does not issue false proximity warning due to heat sources, objects such as rocks and buildings, ultra-sonic noise from motors as well as electrical noise from man-made or natural sources.
Reliable proximity warning is provided for both indoor and outdoor applications without relying on external infrastructure such as the GPS network.
BodyGuard has an audible and visual alarm that is activated to provide warning of proximity to other objects such as vehicles, machines or personnel.
In addition to the on-board audible/visual proximity warning, the system has four digital outputs that can be used to control the speed or movement of a vehicle or provide an auxiliary external proximity warning.
The output signals can be used to indicate a ‘pre-warning’ proximity to another object and a second output can stop the vehicle in addition to sounding the proximity warning.
The system operates by creating an invisible safety zone around any object that is fitted with a BodyGuard proximity warning device. The range of this invisible safety zone is programmable from a couple of metres to around 100 metres.
Whenever any object fitted with a BodyGuard proximity warning device enters the detection zone of another object fitted with BodyGuard, an audible/visual warning is activated to alert the operator.
BodyGuard vehicle and personnel proximity warning system is ideal for:
- Vehicle to vehicle proximity warning
- Vehicle to fixed hazardous zone or safe work area proximity warning
- Personnel to vehicle proximity warning
- Personnel to moving machinery/ equipment proximity warning
- Machine to machine proximity warning
- Warehouses and picking areas
- Open-cut mining operations
- Shipping/ cargo handling areas
- Cranes and general construction sites
- Truck loading bays
- Construction sites
- Effective reduction of collision risk in the workplace
- Pro-active tool for risk management
- IP67 ingress protection for harsh industrial environments
- Clear visual and audible proximity warning to alert operator
- C-Tick approval for use in Australia
- Robust construction suitable for use in harsh industrial environments
- Programmable proximity warning safety zone
- Switched outputs to enable control of vehicle or external proximity warning
- Prevents expensive downtime and possible litigation