So far it hasn’t been a rosy outlook for many companies, but that doesn’t mean that companies can’t improve their performance for better bottom-line results. The key is management of supply chain, and the key to managing the supply chain is how companies execute critical planning activities like Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), demand management, and network optimization. A panel of experts will give practical advice on how to execute in these areas to gain competitive advantage.
Attendees will learn:
- How to build a lean and agile supply chain.
- How to sustain advantage through Supply Chain Risk Management and its link to the strategic process.
- How the S&OP process works and why it’s absolutely essential in difficult economic times.
- How planning techniques including S&OP, demand management, and network optimization can be incorporated into the day-to-day environment.
- Real-world examples of successful applications of supply chain planning tools and technology.
- How competency in supply chain planning translates to more more cash from efficient operations, lower operating costs, and ultimately higher profitability.
The panel of experts includes:
- Professor Richard Wilding, Professor of Supply Chain Risk Management at Cranfield School of Management.
- Paul Lim, Founder & President, Supply Chain Asia.
- John Bermudez, senior director of product strategy at Oracle with more than 25 years experience in analyst and industry positions.
- Matthew Coleiro, a demand management expert with IBM Global Business Services in their supply chain management practice.
The Smart Supply Chain Strategies for Uncertain Times live webcast is taking place on Thursday 20th August 2009 at 11am Sydney time.