Opal FSS Fail Safe Shutters provide optical system protection from flue gas contamination. They feature a unique automatic self test system design and are easy to install or retrofit.
Opal FSS Fail Safe Shutters also have integrated airflow monitoring switches and both a manual and automatic system function test.
Opal FSS Fail Safe Shutters are designed for installation between weather cover plate and purge module flange and are protected by an IP54 splash proof, dust proof enclosure. They are designed for Opal 200 application.
Technical Specifications of Opal FSS Fail Safe Shutters:
- Weight : 2.2 Kg
- Electrical Input : Transceiver (or retroreflector) in-line airflow switch
- Autotest cycle initiate signal from control unit, via stack termination box.
- Mains supply : 240vac or 115 vac, 50 or 60 Hz (specify)
- Electrical : Output FSS failure signal – volt free NC contacts
- Operating Method : Digital servodrive to OPEN, Tensioned spring to close
- Operating time : OPEN and CLOSE - less than 3 seconds from start initiation.
- Initiation - CLOSE : CLOSE operation initiated by power failure, purge air flow loss or detection of purge airfilter blockage.
- Initiation - OPEN : OPEN operation initiated by power restoration and sufficient airflow detection
- Function Test : Automatic function test daily via main control unit. Manual test control at junction box.
- Indicators : LED – Power, FSS open and FSS closed