Omniflex introduces a new 1W 920 MHz wireless I/O capable of ranges over 20km to its Teleterm line of wireless I/O units.
Omniflex has developed the Teleterm M2R4 wireless I/O units to help industrial plants save money on cable costs.
The Teleterm range of wireless I/O units finds use in industrial plants as well as remote I/O and telemetry applications.
Taking data acquisition to a new level, the Teleterm M2R4 wireless system operates on license-free frequency bands using FHSS technology (Frequency Hopping and Spread Spectrum) making the units immune to other radio devices used at the plant.
The new technology allows multiple channels to share the same frequency and its low power requirement restricts the RF influence to localised areas of the plant.
Key features of Teleterm M2R4 wireless I/O units:
- 12 universal inputs (analogue or digital, inputs or outputs)
- Modbus serial port for third-party device interfacing
- Powered from 9-30Vdc allowing operation from a range of power sources including solar power or 24Vdc instrument power
- Radio power can be set from 10mW to 1W allowing the optimum balance between distance and power consumption
- Certified for use in Australia, New Zealand and the USA
Applications of Teleterm wireless I/O units:
- Remote pump station monitoring and control
- Tank level monitoring
- Remote temperature and flow monitoring
- Environmental monitoring such as flue gas and effluent monitoring
- Production monitoring
Omniflex specialises in the supply of remote monitoring products and systems.