Oliver Footwear has introduced two new safety boots for firefighters and emergency services designed for comfort and protection.
Oliver Footwear’s 66 Series firefighting footwear includes Oliver style number 66-360, a 180mm Type 1 Wildland firefighting footwear. These safety boots meet the AS/NZS Standard 4821:2006.
Oliver style 66-395 is a 230mm lace up Structural Type 2 firefighting footwear. These safety boots feature a SYMPATEX waterproof liner with the Qflex penetration insole providing added protection against risk of sole penetration by sharp metallic or glass materials.
Both Oliver 66 Series safety boots feature high quality, black water-resistant and flame retardant leather uppers. The soles are made from heavy duty dual density nitrile rubber with two layers of expanded rubber cells that provide a soft midsole to cushion the foot while a high density hard-wearing outsole meets the needs of the demanding conditions in which they are likely to be worn.
The Oliver 66 Series firefighting boots are also designed for wearer comfort with Oliver COMFORTcushion, a combination of cellular urethane and PORON protecting the heel and foot with constant impact absorption that helps to reduce foot, leg and lower back fatigue.
Key features of Oliver 66 Series safety boots:
- Outsole is resistant to 300ºC of surface contact
- Sole also resistant to mineral and organic oils and acids
- Sole has superior cut, split, crack and slip resistance
- Lightweight Oliver hi-impact composite NATUREform wide profile Type 1 protective non-metallic toe cap
- Heavy duty red Nomex stitching with flameproof laces
- Australian 3M flame-resistant high visibility reflective tape sewn on to the leather upper
- Style 66-360 Wildland boot has optional lace in zipper attachment
- Style 66-395 Structural boot includes a quick release zipper attachment for fast donning and doffing
- TECtuff rubber bumper on the toe protects against scuffing or kick damage to the leading edge of the boot
- Available in sizes from 3 up to 15 with half sizes available from size 3½ to 14½