Oceania Automation have released the Mitsubishi Electric FR-D700 variable speed drive into the automation market. Simple and safe operability, compact design as well as improved performance features were the focus during the development of the new Mitsubishi Electric FR-D700 variable speed drive frequency inverter.
The spring clamps have improved functions and device properties such as simplified cabling. The integrated digital dial with LED display, improved performance yield in the low-speed range as well as the integrated emergency stop function make the FR-D700 the new standard in the ultra compact class.
Following are the features of the Mitsubishi Electric FR-D700 variable speed drive frequency inverter:
- This inverter actively monitors its own functional safety. If, for example, the fan RPM decreases to 50%, a pre-alarm is triggered. An internal measuring program monitors the ageing of the capacitors and operating hours counter enables the operator to plan the best time for servicing. Protection and overload functions like the phase failure monitoring system for both the input and output circuits ensure trouble-free operation.
- The Mitsubishi Electric FR-D700 variable speed drive’s OEC function helps to further optimise current and hence power consumption of the motor. The result is an additional decrease in energy requirement compared to a conventional inverter.
- The Mitsubishi Electric FR-D700 variable speed drive is designed for a service life of over 10 years. This is made possible, among other things, by high-performance heat-resistant capacitors, cooling fans with sealed bearings and special lubricating grease. The flow of cooling air comes into contact only with the heat sinks and not electronic components.
- This ensures that no dust or dirt can collect on the components. The circuit boards are protected against aggressive environments with single or double layer conformal coating – another feature that ensures longer service life.
- The Mitsubishi Electric FR-D700 variable speed drive has been engineered to improve installation and programming time with simple cabling, easy parameterisation, integrated control unit, simple network connection, change cooling fan in only 10 seconds, controlled deceleration during brief power failures, automatic restart after power failures and integrated emergency stop function.
Following are the standard functions of the Mitsubishi Electric Frequol FR-D700 variable speed drive frequency inverter:
- Sensorless vector control
- 200% overload capacity
- Side by side mounting
- Integrated brake chopper
- Password function
- Dancer control for winders
- Traverse function
- Regeneration avoidance function
- Flying start
- PTC thermistor input
- Remote I/O
As part of the Mitsubishi Electric Frequol 700 series of variable speed drives the FR-D700 gives the user a simple low cost solution for motor control.