OTB Products have introduced the SearchTIC hand-held thermal imaging camera, a hand-held thermal imager designed for urban search and rescue use. The SearchTIC thermal imaging camera is suitable for locating victims in and around structural collapse zones. The SearchTIC thermal imaging camera detects and displays body heat to locate victims buried under surface debris or hidden by dust or smoke.
The SearchTIC thermal imaging camera is designed to the same standards as all Searchcam rescue products. It is environmentally sealed and capable of withstanding severe conditions of the rescue scene. Weighing 1Kg, the lightweight rugged SearchTIC thermal imaging camera is designed to be used throughout the day in all weather conditions.
The SearchTIC hand held thermal imaging camera has the following features:
- Full 127mm (5 in.) display for large detail filled images
- BlueLife image colourisation displays skin temperatures in blue to aid in rapid detection of victims
- Integrated digital compass displays viewing direction on-screen to assist in pinpointing
a victim’s location for rapid rescue
- Digital zoom (2x) allows for detailed area search from a safe distance
- Uses the new lithium ion rechargeable battery tube pack and disposable cells or the Searchcam belt pack battery system, making the SearchTIC thermal imaging camera power compatible with rescue teams around the world
- 36 degree FOV allows quick rubble pile scans from a safe distance and provides an effective FOV for interior room searches