EZ-PLUS provides easy installation for the contractor, energy savings of up to 24% for building owners and reduced CO2 emissions for the environment.
Simply replacing conventional ballasts in existing fluorescent light fittings, with the new EZ-PLUS from OSRAM would achieve energy savings of up to 24% and CO2 emissions.
These are real savings on electricity for typical commercial installations such as towers, buildings and office applications.
- Easy replacement for conventional ballast and for new light fittings.
- Replace seven components with one EZ-PLUS.
- Real savings on electricity and air conditioning costs.
- 50% longer average lamp life and lower maintenance costs.
- Highly reliable
- Automatic safety shutdown at end of lamp life
- Flicker free operation
- Energy saving (EEI=A3)
Ideal of any applications that require lighting 24hours/7 days a week. Commercial applications, industrial factory applications, Office buildings.
Example of a typical lighting application of 10,000 light fittings:
- Medium office tower.
- 10,000 light fittings containing 2 x 36W (B2) ferromagnetic control gear.
- Operating hours per year – 4000 hours
- Typical cost per kWh - $0.08
- Office is fully air-conditioned.
- Replacing the existing control gear with OSRAM EZ- PLUS 2x36W (A3)
Existing control gear
- Energy consumption p.a. Lighting - 86W each x 10,000 pcs x 4000 hours = 3.4 MWh
- Energy consumption p.a. Air-conditioning to remove heat from lighting 43W each x 10000 pcs x 4000 hours = 1.7 MWh
- Energy Consumption total 5.1 MWh p.a
- Cost of energy consumption = 5.1 MWh x $0.08 = $413,000 p.a
By replacing the existing control gear with Electronic OSRAM EZ-PLUS 2x36W (A3) the savings are:
- Saving in lighting load - 20W each x 10,000 pcs x 4000 hours = 800,000 kWh.
- Saving in air-conditioning to remove heat from lighting 10W each x 10,000 pcs x 4000 hours = 400,000 kWh
- Total saving per annum – 1.2 MWh
- Total cost savings per annum - $100,000
- Total CO2 saved per annum – 1,115 tonnes
- Replacement cost including ballast and labour is $25.00 each = $250,000
- Payback period =2.5 years