Spill-Sorb organic particulate, now available from OPEC Systems , is a general purpose spill absorbent solution that was specifically designed as an environmentally friendly alternative to other spill absorbents.
It is manufactured from 100% reclaimed cellulose fibres, and is capable of absorbing a variety of liquids on contact, including:
- coolants; and
- non-aggressive chemicals.
Liquids absorbed by Spill-Sorb organic particulate are locked into its cellulose fibres, preventing leaching and handling problems that can occur when using rags and saw dust to absorb spills.
In addition, Spill-Sorb offers a number of other advantages over most other particulates, including:
- it is denser and therefore more suitable in outdoor environments where wind may dissipate the sorbent
- works well on rough surfaces
- it has a natural fire retardency
- contains no respirable silica; and
- it is non-abrasive.