ChemTools R-70 is a chemically engineered, multifunctional formulation that provides unprecedented penetration, lubrication and unsurpassed corrosion protection to multi-metals.
R-70 has been specifically formulated for the electrical, telecommunications and electronics industries which normally require unique solutions. Electronic components are a complex assembly of metallic and non-metallic materials. Given their complexity, there are many mechanisms by which corrosion of electronic components can occur.
- Pore and creep corrosion of base metals plated with a noble metal.
- Corrosion caused by deposited pollutants in combination with moisture.
- Fretting corrosion.
- Localised and stress corrosion in the presence of corrosive contaminants (i.e. chlorides).
- Galvanic corrosion resulting from contact of dissimilar metals.
- Electrolytic corrosion resulting from applied potentials normally found in electronic devices.
- Process control or similar applications for the electronics being operated in harsh industrial environment.
- Atmospheric pollutants.
- Low levels of contaminants present in packaging materials and as a result of human handling.
A corrosion cell is similar to a tiny battery; there is an anode, cathode, electrolyte and a path of current. Eliminate any one of these elements and you can shut down the corrosion process.
Upon application, R-70 Revive-It eliminates two of those elements and that's even before the corrosion protection phase.