Dust suppression systems from OEC Industrial offer a low cost solution to dust control problems in recycling, concrete crushing and mining environments.
OEC fogging systems reduce dust levels in the working environment and control dust emissions in the neighbourhood. The fogging system directs water at high pressure through a battery of ultra-fine nozzles to create millions of ultra-fine micro-droplets, which adhere to individual dust particles, causing the now heavier dust to fall to the ground.
OEC fogging systems can keep otherwise dusty sites significantly dust-free even under difficult hot and dry conditions. The fog nozzles can either be installed in the ceiling of a building for blanket dust reduction or on dust producing plant and equipment such as jaw crushers, cone crushers, transfer points, vibrating screens and air knives.
Key benefits of ultra-fine droplets in OEC fogging systems:
- Droplets are approximately the size of dust particles improving interception of dust
- Reduced water usage (typically less than 0.5% by weight of product processed)
- Excess water usually evaporates from droplets rather than wetting product
- Less wear and belt tracking problems
- No wetting of personnel even directly under fog nozzles
- No blurring of safety glasses from water droplets
OEC customers include Argyle Diamonds, Resourceco, Metro Demolitions, FRH Astec Quarries, Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (Bedminster Plant) Compost Production and Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority.