Based in Australia, Octief Group provides Green Star Rating System.
Green Star is an environmental rating system that evaluates the environmental design and construction of buildings. With 11 percent of Australia's commercial office buildings being Green Star certified, building green is now a business imperative.
Green Star was developed for the property industry in order to:
- Set a standard of measurement for green buildings.
- Promote integrated, whole-building design.
- Recognise environmental efficiency.
- Identify building life-cycle impacts.
- Raise awareness about green building benefits.
Benefits of Green Star Rating System
Green Star business benefits:
- Lower operating costs
- High-return on investment
- Good tenant attraction
- Enhanced marketability
- Productivity benefits
- Reduced liability and risk
- Healthier place for occupants
- Future-proofed assets
- Competitive advantage
Green Star Categories
Green Star covers a number of categories that assess the environmental impact, which is a direct consequence of a project’s site selection, design, construction and maintenance. The nine categories included within all Green Star rating tools are:
- Indoor Environment Quality
- Land Use & Ecology
These categories are divided into credits, each of which addresses an initiative that improves or has the potential to improve environmental performance. Points are awarded in each credit for actions that demonstrate that the project has met the overall objectives of Green Star.