The Surfix Series is a compact and lightweight range of multifunctional fully menu driven coating thickness gauges for fast, precise, non-destructive coating thickness measurement of varnish, paint and electroplated coatings on iron/steel, and varnish, paint and anodised coatings on non-ferrous metals as well as austenitic stainless steels.
The coating thickness gauge features an external, non-switched probe machined to ultra-high standards with a unique, hard-metal probe tip to prevent probe wear. The V-notched foot of the probe provides a stable footing even on small cylindrical parts, and can be removed to expose a micro-probe sensor ideal for measuring on small areas and in cavities.
The Surfix Series universal coating thickness gauge employs the magnetic induction principle (F-Mode) for ferrous metals, Eddy current principle (N-mode) for non-ferrous metals and FN-Mode for all metals.
An optional test stand is designed for smooth, repeatable measurements in coating thickness applications, and features a spring-loaded lever for fast, precise travel. Its compact size and lightweight construction are ideal for all workplaces.
Key features of Surfix Series coating thickness gauges:
- Innovative and user-friendly measuring techniques
- Measurement range: 0 – 1500 μm with accuracy of ±1 μm + 1% of reading
- Data transfer to printer or PC via an infrared interface
- Surfix FN automatically identifies the substrate and activates the appropriate measuring procedure
- User-friendly menu in a choice of different languages
- Uniform contact pressure of the sensor is minimised to prevent scratches and indentations on sensitive surfaces
- Optional high temperature foot for measuring on surfaces up to 150ºC
- Manufacturer’s Certificate and one-year warranty included
- Dimensions: 137mm x 66mm x 23mm
- Weight: 205g incl. batteries
- Optional PrintFix portable thermal printer and FixSoft software