Available from Novasys Group , the Spectrex PC-2200 laser particle counters find application in diverse industries from water treatment plants to oceanographic studies.
Designed to count particles in suspension as well as tabulate their size, Spectrex PC-2200 laser particle counters come with three sealed calibration standards, with each standard containing a precise number of NIST traceable polystyrene spheres of known size in suspension and sealed with inert Argon gas. These standards have a proven stability of more than 2 years and provide efficient calibration within 10 minutes.
Utilising the principle of ‘near angle light scatter’, a revolving laser beam passes through the walls of a glass container or a flow-thru cell. When the laser beam is directed through a central ‘sensitive zone’, the PC-2200 not only counts the particles in suspension, but tabulates their size as well. The analogue signals generated by the light pulses are routed to a computer and digitised.
The SuperCount software supplied with the unit is a custom interfacing electronics and proprietary software developed by Spectrex to provide an easy means of analysing and saving data generated by the PC-2200.
Key features of Spectrex PC-2200 laser particle counters:
- Easy do-it-yourself calibration
- SuperCount software
- Compact and portable (6 lbs)
- Quickly counts and sizes
- No cross-contamination of flow lines
- Eliminates sample flushing
- Built-in magnetic stirrer
- Water treatment plants
- Hydraulic fluids and oil QC
- Silts and sediment sizing
- University laboratories
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Oil refineries and on-site drilling
- Bottling and beverage operations
- Oceanographic studies
- Liquid chromatography solvent QC
- Cooling power and wastewater filter efficiency
- Particle agglomeration studies
- Particle settling characteristics
- Corrosive chemical and solvent sizing
- Vial and ampule inspection
- De-ionised water and acid testing
- Cell counting