Simple, reliable and easy to use, the UV intensity labels from UVPS indicate accumulated UV light dosage, helping to determine levels of UV dose with a simple, visual inspection of colour change on the label.
Immediately upon receiving a UV dose, these labels begin to change colour, starting off as bright yellow and turning to a deep blue.
The new UV intensity labels offer a sensitivity range five times greater than the previous N010-001 UV intensity labels. Key improvements over the old intensity labels include greater colour shift, more stable, repeatable and consistent colour change, and not subject to increasing colour changes at elevated temperatures.
Due to their paper-thin profile and thermal stability, the new UV intensity labels can be used in all applications where a radiometer is not possible, including web printing, sheet fed printing, exposure verification of exposed products, 3-D curing, and personal UV exposure level testing.
Key features of the new UV intensity labels:
- Measures a significant range of UV doses from 0mJ/cm² to greater than 5,000mJ(5J)/cm²
- Available in packages of 990 labels measuring 19mm x 25mm
- Accurate visual determination of UV dose possible
- Allows monitoring of UV dose in difficult-to-access curing environments
- Detects UV lamp degradation and equipment failures
- Provides user with periodic assurance about UV source performance
- Greater rate of colour change provides clearer, more precise UV dose determination
- Determines dose profile in 3D curing chambers or across wide webs to ensure even cure
- Measures the dose of sunlight in outdoor curing applications
- Helps evaluate and compare multiple UV light sources