Film shrinkage is caused when certain plastic films rapidly contract on application of heat during sealing and packing of items from food to consumer goods. The shrink effect happens when internal forces locked into the film during manufacture are released by heating.
Also known as linear thermal shrink or free shrink, the shrinkage depends on the film type, thickness and sealing temperature.
Hanatek film shrink testers allow the percentage shrink of a film to be determined to ensure that it is suitable for a particular packaging application and establishes the correct temperature for that application.
Key features of Hanatek film shrink testers:
- Fast efficient testing of cling film, blown film and shrink wrap
- Accurate hotplate control allows film shrink tests to be performed in minutes
- Easy determination of percentage film shrink
- Easy-to-read backlit scale
- Quick, clean repeatable measurement
- Free extended warranty for all film shrink analysers
- Scaled measurement disk for cold determination of percentage shrink or dimensional shrink in mm
- High temperature oil, template, pipette, tweezers and cutting knife
- Standards: ANSI/ASTM D 2732-03
- Display: LCD with set point and actual temperature reading
- Temperature range: 40-400ºC
- Accuracy: +/- 0.3ºC
- Timer: Lapse timer with alarm, registers overshoot