Hanatek carton force analysers (CFA) have the ability to measure all the forces required to erect and fill cartons, identifying the problem areas in design and helping to eliminate rejections and reduce waste.
The Hanatek CFA measures the forces that limit the running speed of folding box board packaging. The cartons can be optimised for faster packaging speeds by measuring the substrate stiffness and crease bending resistance. The device allows individual creases to be analysed identifying problem areas in packaging design or manufacture.
Industry research indicates that the packaging speeds of pre-glued skillets are governed by the energy required to open creases, a parameter that the Hanatek CFA is able to isolate and accurately measure.
Real time graphs detail the process of folding, showing increased crease resistance until board fibres break and the crease relaxes. The CFA allows these fingerprints to be saved and overlaid, enabling detailed comparison of different crease formats, substrates and manufactured batches.
Additionally, the Hanatek CFA measures the force and energy required to erect each individual folded crease, which can be used to optimise carton design and predict the running speed of samples before committing machine time.
Hanatek carton force analysers offer the flexibility to be configured as a research tool or as a quality assurance instrument.
As a research tool, Hanatek CFA can create and save bespoke test methods, measure variable sample length, rotation speed and crease angle, as well as conduct statistical and graphical analysis of results.
As a QA instrument, the CFA supports preloaded ISO/BS/TAPPI test methods, delivers date/operator stamped results and comes with pre-set pass/fail criteria as well as optional password protection feature.
Key features of Hanatek carton force analysers:
- Intuitive touch screen interface for better access and ease of use
- Onscreen graphical help for all operations and test methods simplifies training, especially for new users
- Versatile instrument delivers repeatable measurements
- Pre-loaded routines allow bending resistance testing of multiple samples to all industry standard tests (Taber, PIRA, Lorentzen & Wettre and Gurley)
- Can also report absolute bending stiffness and modulas of elasticity for carton substrates
- Pre-loaded routines allow crease resistance testing on multiple samples to industry standards (BS & PIRA)
- Flexible R&D testing options allow creases to be tested at non-standard speeds and crease angles