Employed for testing the ink/print, marking and rub resistance of cartons, films and commercial printed material, RT4 rub and abrasion testers are also used for checking the cure and adhesion of UV inks and coatings.
The RT4 rub testers predict print performance by assessing coating and substrate suitability and print durability to improve packaging effectiveness.
The RT4 rub and abrasion testers are used by ink manufacturers, printers, packers and packaging developers to test the durability of inks, coatings, printed cartons, printed films and labels.
Key features of RT4 rub and abrasion testers:
- Touch screen operation
- Automatic abrasion cycles with cycle time pre-programmed to allow unsupervised testing
- Standard BS3110 felt measuring head and pad
- Alternative measuring heads/pads available for conducting abrasion test and wet rub test
- Results printer gives date and time stamped details of parameters used for the test
- Free adjustable circular sample cutter to quickly and accurately prepare the sample for testing