The Erichsen UNICOATER 409 is an economically-priced range of motor-driven film applicators designed for defined and reproducible application of coating materials on different plain substrates.
UNICOATER 409 film applicators can help avoid typical irregularities and inaccuracies caused by manual application of films.
In addition to creating an even and reproducible film thickness over the whole surface, UNICOATER 409 film applicators also allow the production of a large number of identical samples quickly.
Consisting of a compact basic unit equipped with a multifunctional applicator support for almost all normally used applicators, UNICOATER 409 film applicators also come with a glass plate for use as specimen support or directly as film substrate.
The specimens are fixed by a rigidly mounted clamp. The specimen support is fastened with a quick stop bolt, optionally on two levels to equalise different thickness/ heights of substrates/ applicators.
The drawn down speed in the range of 5mm-99mm/s can be set in increments of 1mm/s with the help of a coding push button. The maximum application area is 33.5cm (L) x 34.5cm (W).
UNICOATER 409 film applicators are available with multiple accessories to suit the needs of various applications.
Accessories for the UNICOATER 409 include flexible foam/ rubber/ melinex bed (recommended for spiral film applicators), vacuum suction plate made of aluminium and a vacuum suction pump in addition to a range of film applicators. Accessories also include foils and test charts, model 451 in different versions.
Range of film applicators:
- Film applicator BIRD 284
- Film applicator BAKER 286
- Film applicator system Wasag, model 288, for film widths of 80, 120, 180 or 230 mm
- Spiral film applicator, model 358, for film widths of 80, 150 or 220 mm
- Quadruple film applicator, model 360, for film widths of 13, 40 or 60 mm
- Film applicator MULTICATOR 411, for film widths of 80, 150 or 220 mm
- Levelling test blade and sag tester, model 419
- Staggered-gap film applicator acc. to Krause, model 421 I, for 10 films each 20mm wide
- Staggered-gap film applicator acc. to Krause, model 421 II, for 6 films each 35mm wide
- Wire bars used with film applicator, model 624
- Dimensions: 450mm L x 400mm W x 220mm H
- Weight: 22.5kg
- Power supply: 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz (115 V, 50/60 Hz upon request)
- Draw down speed: 5-99 mm/s