The viscosity of a non-Newtonian material depends on the rate of shear, but the Krebs viscometers provide a consistent standard by measuring the viscosity at a set speed shear rate. The dimensions of the paddle conform to the precise specification of ASTM D562.
The digital Krebs viscometers are designed for user-friendly operation. A paddle is immersed in a vessel containing a fixed volume of the sample material. With a constant speed motor driving the paddle at 200 rpm, the torque induced is proportional to the viscosity of the sample and may be converted into viscosity or weight units.
Key features of Ref 480 digital Krebs viscometers:
- Displays in Krebs Units, Grams or Poise
- Constant speed motor ensures accuracy and repeatability
- Quick release chuck allows rapid cleaning and changeover of paddle
- Magnetic base for positive sample location
- Multipoint calibration across torque range for optimum accuracy
- Stores up to 9 measurements with RS 232 output to printer
- Complies with relevant standards
- Dual voltage operation
- Calibrated across the measuring range to ensure optimum accuracy
- Complies with ASTM D562, ASTM D856 and ASTM D1131