Nord-Lock washers are available from Alice Bolt Supplies , Darwin Bolt Supplies and NQ Fasteners & Lifting.
Nord-Lock washer is an advanced bolt securing system that provides safe locking for bolted joints even when exposed to severe vibration and dynamic load.
The Nord-Lock bolt securing system is comprised of ideal cam faced washers that are assembled as washer pairs.
Nord-Lock washers have been manufactured by Nord-Lock AB in Mattmar, Sweden since 1982. Customers benefit by using Nord-Lock, because it is designed for a bolted joint in critical applications.
- Maximum safety
- Not affected by vibration and dynamic loads
- Ease of assembly and disassembly
- Locking function is not affected by lubrication
- Positive locking at low and high preload levels
- Controllable preload
- Same temperature characteristics as standard bolt / nut
DNV Type Approval Certificate
The independent foundation DNV (Det Norske Vertitas) has type approved Nord-Lock locking washers. The certification process took over two years and included independent tests (vibration test according to DIN 65151 and accelerated vibration test according to NASM 1312-7). Moreover; Nord-Lock's production and quality assurance system was thoroughly investigated.
DNV recommends Nord-Lock for preloaded bolted assemblies subjected to dynamic, fatigue, impact and vibration induced loading.
The type approval certificate ensures that Nord-Lock complies with the following:
- DNV's "Rules for certifications of lifting appliances", September 1994
- DNV's offshore Standard DNV-OS-C101 "Design of offshore steel structures" October 2000
- DNV's offshore standard DNV-OS-E101 "Drilling plant" October 2006
- DNV's offshore standard DNV-OS-E201 "Hydrocarbon production plant", October 2000