Nexen's rod locks, available from Norman G Clark , are suitable for machine designers, who were looking for a better rod locking solution for pneumatic cylinders and stand alone guide rod applications. Nexen's rod locks feature compact dimensions, high holding forces, durability, low backlash, IP67 and NEMA 4X ratings.
Nexen's rod locks are spring-engaged, air released, and feature the ability to release manually. No special tools are required for manual disengagement but only a standard size hex wrench to turn the cam operated release mechanism.
Nexen's rod locks have the following features and benefits:
- Manual release with standard hex wrench or socket wrench
- Ability to add an internal magnet and non-contact sensor to provide locking mode feedback
- Compact dimensions and a profile that matches the end of the pneumatic cylinder
- Rod Lock rated for 1,000,000 static locking cycles
- No rod displacement on engagement or disengagement
- Large rod clamping surface minimises rod and lock wear
- Fast response time
- IP67 rated (exceeds NEMA 4X on anodized versions)
- 4 bars (60 psi) release pressure