The trend in industry is to design and incorporate more automation into production processes. Machines are becoming faster, more precise and rigid to withstand the dynamic loads necessary to increase capacity and productivity.
Torque overloads caused by material jams, operator error, or a whole range of unforeseen reasons pose a significant threat to profits due to machine or product damage, and lost production. To manage this problem, Nexen's patented MTL mechanical torque limiter, available from Norman G Clark , isolates the driving from the driven elements within a matter of milliseconds, once the torque reaches a preset overload value. After the problem is cleared, the torque limiter is reset and production continues.
The mechanical torque limiter offers the following features:
- Easily adjustable, in place, graduated torque setting
- Single and multi-position options
- Auto reset, manual reset, and load holding options
- Compact design minimises shaft length requirements and allows smaller sprockets and pulleys
- Double bearing support of pulley or sprocket
- Keyed straight bore, or keyless compression bushing options
- Pulley, sprocket, elastomer and bellows coupling options
- Disengages in milliseconds
- Low/no residual friction when disengaged
- Sealed and corrosion resistant options available
- Low inertia
- Contactless overload sensor available