Flight Systems manufacture engine savers that provide protection for large and medium diesel and natural gas-powered engines. The diesel engine protection equipment from Flight Systems is available with Norman G Clark . The diesel and gas engine savers have applications for protection on engines used in mining, marine, construction, railway, irrigation, military and power generation.
The engine protection system from Flight Systems monitors a combination of pressure, temperature and RPM on 8, 12 and 16 cylinder diesel or gas engines, and detects signs of trouble to prevent any damage to the engines.
The Engine Saver from Flight Systems detects the following:
- Clogged breathers
- Worn pump impellers
- Worn bearings
- Governor failure
- Radiator cap loose
- Scored cylinder
- Loss of coolant
- Low coolant
- De-aeration baffle fatigue
- Broken/worn rings
- Hole in a piston
- Loss of oil
- Partially blocked oil or water pumps
- Fuel dilution
The Engine saver has the following features:
- The built-in status panel gives a complete picture of the operating condition of the engine and fault location, even after shutdown.
- The auxiliary analog outputs are available for trend analysis and overhaul/maintenance forecasting through radio data link and/or on-board recording.
- The SPDT heavy-duty output relay provides the choice of alarm/shutdown options, such as the pre-shutdown warning.
- The trip points lower automatically, when the engine is idle or lugs down. The trip and enable points are fully adjustable. The Engine saver enables automatic time delay changes along with engine temperature.
- The unit enables the installation of turbo boost or RPM or both according to the preference of the user. The user has the option to choose from the available 3 RPM sources.
- The internal adjustments have status indicators and are marked for accurate and easy adjustment.
- Two custom optional inputs.
- Flashing lights to show the location of failsafe operation.
- Easy installation.
- The unit is weather-resistant and tamper proof and can be locked.
- Protection by 24V input-transient and reverse polarity, with suppressors built-in to withstand arc welding .