Noise and Vibration Measurement Systems (NVMS) together with HBM (Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik), a world leader in strain gauge technology will run 1-day strain gauge seminars in Sydney and Perth in October.
The Sydney strain gauge seminar will take place on 26th of October while the Perth seminar will be held on the 28th of October.
Strain gauge mounting techniques and field measurement are critical areas that require companies to gain more knowledge on, to meet the high demand for monitoring stress and fatigue on structures.
The 1-day strain gauge course will cover the following subjects:
Know-how and competence in strain gauge technology
- Theory of strain gauges, including latest fibre optics varieties
- Strain gauge installation techniques
- Connection to an amplifier and taking a measurement
- Techniques, post-processing data analysis, export and reporting using Catman and Glyph XE
- How to prepare the work piece
- Selection of suitable strain gauges and accessories
- Differences between 2, 3 and 4-wire strain gauges
- Rosette installations
- The right accessories for different environments
Demonstration on the measurement chain from sensor to report
- How to set up a measurement device to take data and create a report
The Course Structure
The 1-day course is being organised in a dedicated training facility in Leederville. The training area will be divided into workplaces, each with its own set of tools and equipment. A workplace can accommodate between one and three delegates from each organisation or company.
The course includes a DAK1 strain gauge starter kit for participating companies to take away.