Every year site workers are injured due to inadvertently striking buried electricity cable or gas pipelines. With the Leica Digisystem operators can locate, trace and mark underground services precisely and reliably prior to excavation.
The Digisystem comprises of two main component, the Digicat 200 Service Locator and the Digitex 8/33 Signal Generator.
The Digicat 200 has three selectable operating modes –
Power Mode - Locates power signals radiated by energised cables Radio Mode – Traces signals originating from distant radio transmitters. These radio signals penetrate the ground and are reradiated by buried metallic cables and pipes.
Generator Mode – (8 and 33 KHZ) Locates a distinctive signal applied by the Digitex 8/33 dual frequency signal generator to a metallic underground conductor.
In addition the Digicat 200 offers a one stop depth estimation. In co-operation with the Digitex 8/33 the real depth and location of all services can be found.
Some of the unique features of the Leica Digisystem include:
* Default power mode selection when turned on, for safety.
* Fully automatic sensitivity setting, no adjustments needed.
* Audi and visual display of signal reception.
* Easy to use – requires only minimal training.
* Large push button operation – speed of use in field condition
* Self check mode
* Highly competitive price
* Training and servicing available