The two new models are the latest low-cost touchscreens to be added to the extensive OCS range.
OCS (Operator Control Station) is a robust, reliable control product that combines a traditional controller programmed in ladder logic display, I/O interface and networking into an integrated, all-in-one unit using a single software package.
One of the fastest in the OCS range, the LX models have a 0.20mS/K typical scan rate, and a large memory capacity supporting logic programs up to 128K logic and 32K of battery-backed registers.
The LX touchscreens offer advantages such as a bright screen display, compact size and high speed CsCAN network for I/O. LX controllers can support both SmartStix I/O (DIN-rail mounted) or SmartStack I/O (stacked on bases).
Key features of the LX range of touchscreens:
- Offers integrated bright displays using STN LCD technology
- LX280 features eight shades of gray, while the LX300 supports 16 different colours
- Greater visual readability than competing low-cost blue screen and STN colour LCDs
- Compact size measuring 7" W x 5.5" H x 2" D; ideal for machines with small panel areas
- Onboard CsCAN port connects I/O to the touchscreen
- Choice of two different I/O products: SmartStix or SmartStack
- Addresses 2048 digital in, 2048 digital out, 512 analogue in and 512 analogue out I/O points