NetApp have announced that they will resell and support the new family of advanced 8Gbit/sec SAN switching solutions from Brocade.
The new switching solutions, plus the currently available 8Gb Brocade DCX Backbone and 48000 director blades, enable NetApp to provide customers with networking technologies that help them expand and enhance their data centres.
The 8Gb switches strengthen NetApp's portfolio of FC SAN infrastructure solutions and better equip customers to meet the increased network demands placed on their IT infrastructures as a result of server virtualisation.
The new family of Brocade switches:
- Deliver good 8Gbit/sec performance
- Address the growing customer demand for higher performance and scalable infrastructure solutions
- Low power consumption provides NetApp’s customers increased data centre power efficiencies and a smaller environmental footprint
- Provide enhanced server-to-storage traffic consolidation for easier data centre management
- Protect investments in NetApp infrastructure with backward compatibility to the installed base of Brocade 1, 2, and 4Gbit/sec SAN devices
The Brocade new family of advanced switching solutions, which includes the Brocade 300, Brocade 5100, and Brocade 5300, is available immediately from NetApp and NetApp channel partners.