A mobile app introduced for the National Manufacturing Week 2013 event will help visitors get more information about the manufacturing industry trade show.
Launched by NMW’s organisers, Reed Exhibitions, the app provides a detailed guide to NMW 2013, including ‘What’s on’ listings, event reminders and alerts, floor plan and exhibitor details as well as social media access.
NMW 2013, co-located with Austech will take place May 7 – 10 in Melbourne, with more than 300 exhibitors presenting solutions. This year’s event will also house rolling product demonstrations and a Solutions Theatre with presentations on broad business themes.
Designed around an easy-to-use menu and built natively for iPhones and iPads, the NMW 2013 app can be downloaded free of charge from the NMW website.
According to Paul Baker, Exhibition Director for NMW 2013, NMW has always provided a vast amount of information in their exhibition guide on exhibitors, events and more. The app now allows visitors to have this information at their fingertips, before and during the event.
Key features of the NMW app include:
- Map: An interactive floor plan of NMW’s layout
- Exhibitors: Details on companies attending, and their displays
- Program: What, when and where of NMW activities, with event alerts and reminders
- My Profile: For visitors to create (and if they wish, share) their details with other app users
- People: Read about other app users and get in touch
- Live: Post comments to the app’s activity stream and (optionally) Twitter and Facebook