National Manufacturing Week 2012 will be held from May 8 to May 11 at the Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park.
Co-located with Austech this year, NMW 2012 is backed by about 24 media, industry and business organisations who are investing in developments that boost NMW’s profile as a showcase of important new ideas and capabilities.
On the business side, companies such as Sullair, Nord, ROM-Control, Powerbox Australia, Permatex, Microsoft/Professional Advantage, Bestech and Kemppi are investing in landmark exhibits to draw attention to new products and services.
Industry leader, Sullair, which is sponsoring the Air Technology Zone is tailoring its award-winning installation to showcase compressed air technologies for manufacturing operations.
Marcoms Manager at Sullair, Kellie Smith explains that Sullair will be taking the opportunity to showcase their premium range of fixed products to industry.
Bestech is sponsoring the Process Control & Instrumentation Zone to announce its expanded range of measurement and control technologies.
According to Bestech’s Managing Director, Sam Bhasin, the company will be introducing new technologies including a laser capable of very fast, high precision measurement.
Several of NMW’s 12 Product Zones also have a Zone Partner, an association relevant to the industry sector that is partnering with NMW on behalf of its entire industry.
- Air Technology Zone Partner: Compressed Air Australasia, the CAAA whose member organisations market compressors for industrial through to workshop and DIY applications
- Engineering Zone Partner: The Australian Foundry Institute, NSW, an industry body that helps the State’s foundries gain knowledge through information and cooperation
- Health and Safety Zone Partner: The Safety Institute of Australia Ltd, the SIA, a professional body for OH&S professionals
- Materials Handling Zone Partner: The Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia, the SCLAA, one of Australia's largest associations for supply chain and logistics professionals
- Metals & Composites Zone Partner: Composites Australia, a member-based organisation that promotes the awareness and general usage of composites in Australia
- Process Control & Instrumentation Zone Partner: The Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation, the IICA, an open arena for industry participants to build their network and knowledge and enhance their professional careers
- Welding Technology Zone Partner: The Welding Technology Institute of Australia
NMW is on track to be sold out in the coming weeks, with more than 450 companies having confirmed their participation.
This year’s event will also feature the one-day NMW 2012 Conference, a closed-door forum at which industry experts will present tips, tools and strategies for addressing manufacturing’s big issues such as boosting productivity, sustainability and innovation.
Details of the conference and other partner events including the Western Sydney Manufacturing Leaders Forum, Enterprise Connect Breakfast Seminar and Manufacturers Connection Sustainability Forum are available on the NMW 2012 website.