National Instruments Aust & NZ has introduced seven new models to its NI Smart Camera family with various colour and high-resolution options.
Featuring increased processing power thanks to a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor and an IP67 rating for dust and water resistance, the new NI 177x Smart Cameras are ideal for industrial inspection applications that require high performance in a rugged form factor. The new inspection cameras are the first National Instruments products to offer an IP67 rating.
A real-time operating system in the smart cameras delivers the reliability and determinism needed on the production floor.
The new sensor options make the machine vision cameras well suited for applications that require higher resolution image acquisition such as metrology and detection of small defects as well as colour imaging such as LED validation for electronics.
Using the signals generated from multiple communication networks, engineers can dynamically control lighting or cameras, synchronise with a conveyor belt, drive mechanisms for sorting parts or integrate the smart cameras with programmable logic controllers.
According to Eric Starkloff, vice president of product marketing at National Instruments, the new smart cameras in a rugged form factor offer exceptional hardware performance. Additionally, the integrated vision software is compatible with all types of hardware on the production floor, helping their customers reduce maintenance and development costs with the single platform approach.
NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI) 2011 software, a menu-driven, interactive environment for configuring, benchmarking and deploying vision systems is provided with the smart cameras.
Engineers can use the software to configure the camera, create custom user interfaces, acquire images, set up triggering and lighting, perform image processing steps and communicate results through I/O or industrial communication networks.
Key features of NI 177x Smart Cameras:
- Intel Atom processor delivers processing speeds four times greater than other NI Smart Cameras
- New sensor options including VGA, 1.3 MP and 2 MP in colour and monochrome as well as 5 MP in monochrome
- IP67 rating from strong mechanical housing, M12 connectors and lens cover makes the camera suitable for environments with washdowns
- 4 digital input and 4 digital output lines
- Supports several industrial communication protocols including RS232 (Serial, Modbus serial) and Ethernet (TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP Modbus TCP)
- VGA video out connection monitors inspection images
- NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI) 2011 software supplied with the camera
- Can also be programmed using NI LabVIEW graphical programming and the NI Vision Development Module