National Instruments Aust & NZ announces the introduction of four new single-board reconfigurable I/O (RIO) board-level embedded devices featuring a real-time processor, Spartan-6 field-programmable gate array (FPGA), analogue and digital I/O as well as more built-in peripherals for custom embedded control and monitoring applications.
NI single-board RIO embedded devices provide an ideal platform for embedded monitoring and control applications in medical and energy industries.
The new devices provide engineers with off-the-shelf FPGA and real-time processor technology through NI LabVIEW while maintaining the custom I/O often required for high-volume deployments through the option of a RIO Mezzanine Card connector. The connector provides direct access to FPGA digital input/output (DIO) lines and certain processor-specific functions for mating custom daughter cards.
NI single-board RIO embedded devices alleviate the effort of designing an entire system from scratch, allowing designers to focus on the custom parts of their applications such as the I/O.
Built-in peripherals in the NI single-board RIO embedded devices include two RS232 serial ports, an RS485 port, Ethernet and options for a CAN port, USB port and SDHC card slot.
Key advantages of NI single-board RIO embedded devices:
- Enables engineers to achieve shorter time to market with an off-the-shelf system along with the I/O customisation offered by in-house designs
- Built-in analogue I/O allows engineers to take advantage of NI’s analogue expertise in addition to their application-specific circuitry
- Low-cost, small form factor, built-in I/O and real-time processor
- NI sbRIO-9623: 256 MB of memory, 128 MB RAM, 16 channels of 12-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 12-bit analogue output, 4 DIO, 96 RMC DIO
- NI sbRIO-9626: 512 MB of memory, 256 MB RAM, 16 channels of 16-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 16-bit analogue output, 4 DIO, 96 RMC DIO
- NI sbRIO-9633: 256 MB of memory, 128 MB RAM, 16 channels of 12-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 12-bit analogue output, 28 DIO
- NI sbRIO-9636: 512 MB of memory, 256 MB RAM, 16 channels of 16-bit analogue input, 4 channels of 16-bit analogue output, 28 DIO